Search This Blog

Friday, April 15, 2011

Lucky Last

I saved Temple for last. I think it's impossible to measure how much she has done for those living with Autism. Her advocacy for those on the spectrum, her consciousness raising and insight is tremendous. She could have spent her life in an institution if not for the love and commitment of her mother. What a tragedy that would have been. What a loss to the world. It saddens me deeply to consider how many other great minds wasted away behind the walls of uncaring asylums simply because we didn't understand the potential of those with an ASD. If you have not seen the movie about Temple Grandin, named after her, I recommend it.
http://youtu.be/iAu6_Llfh2A

1 comment:

  1. Loved the movie. Books by Temple were like the first books I stumbled upon when Wylie was first diagnosed. She tours a lot here, I really want to see her!

    ReplyDelete