Search This Blog

Friday, December 2, 2011

Something Else Not about Autism.

I have so many blog topics swirling around in my head. Some are quite meaty. Aspergers vs autism, the DSM V,  autism and PTSD, schools and ASD, the Autism Everyday Video, a wish that people would stop picking on Alison Singer and so on and so forth. I have lots of these in drafts but can't find the motivation to do them justice.

So in the spirit of continued procrastination allow me to post an excellent talk, that has nothing to do with autism, and everything to do with skepticism, critical thought and arguing with others. Which I suppose is not completely unrelated to autism if you spend anytime reading discussions and debates online amongst the various ASD 'community' shareholders.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/badastronomy/2010/08/17/dont-be-a-dick-part-1-the-video/

6 comments:

  1. Oooh, I really want to read your blog about aspergers v's autism. Can't wait until you post it!!!
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. To be honest Penny I'm not sure I will ever get around to it. At least not for a while yet. These topics are thesis worthy the more you consider them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol I got excited about the alison singer one. You've got us on the edge of our seats, you have to get around to all of them!! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will get reinvigorated soon Sunshine. The Alison Singer one in particular is on the way soonish. Should piss a few people off :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always stay classy, even when you piss people off ;) I aspire to be more like you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I can't tell you what a compliment that is. Thankyou.

    ReplyDelete