Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

I Found a Boy Version of Me.

It's Australia Day. So in celebration I will link to something humorous. I saw the Youtube clip below doing the rounds recently. It's following the meme of 'shit people say',  and I adore it.  Have to admit I've acted like this on way too many occasions. Yes I am a skeptic, and at times I am arrogant, opinionated and jump to refute others in a way that does little to engender a positive outcome. I always regret it afterwards, but that's how I am. Once I'm certain of a particular point of view I tend to become rigid and resistant to others perspectives. However since my introduction to the autism community and the myriad of splits within I have found it  important to stay open to other points of view. Even when they are opposed to my own. It's just one more way my sons autism has bought a multitude of silver linings to what I initially perceived to be a very grey cloud. I'm continually pushed to become a more tolerant and open minded person. Failing much of the time, but trying despite myself.

Anyway enjoy!

http://youtu.be/NjyGeDKhEoM

2 comments:

  1. HAHA HAHA HAHAHAHA!! Omg love it. "You know that actually doesn't... do anything, right?" haha. Aw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't count the amount of times Iv'e said that SS :)

    ReplyDelete